Client: Bromley College
Tags: Website, Database, ASP.NET, SSL, Web 2.0
Bromley College and Orpington College merged in the summer of 2011. This meant that the college now under the name of Bromley College could offer the full range of both vocational and academic study. Building on the work that we had done for the Summer 2010 admissions campaign, the college asked to help them promote their new broader offer to prospective students.
- Developed a campaign brand around the word "More" to convey the sense of increased opportunities and facilities now that the colleges were merged.
- Designed and built a Facebook page that encouraged users to "Like" the page in return for access to the Facebook app.
- The page included an embedded version of the YouTube video "This is Bromley College" and also encouraged users to explore courses on specially created pages on the main College website.
- The Facebook app allowed users to create online posters, selecting a student "head shot" and uploading their own picture to be published to friends.
- We also administrated an online Facebook and Google Ad campaign for four weeks to promote the page, the site and run alongside the outdoor advertising campaign we had created.
As a result of the campaign, the following key results were achieved over the four weeks:
- The Google adverts were served 327,766 times, leading to 4706 people clicking through to visit the college site
- There were 761 Facebook page likes
- 5,477 active users on the College's Facebook page, averaging 200 active users per day
- Compared to the same period in 2010, there were:
46% more visits to the site
40% more unique visitors
60% more page views
10% more pages per visit